Here at Big Island Guitars, we love "Used" Gear! Whether you're looking to save some money or just searching for your next "Beach" Guitar, we got you covered. We buy, sell, and consign previously owned gear ranging from drums, percussion, ukes, guitars, pedals, amps and basses.
Taylor Custom Shop GA Nylon Acoustic Electric Guitar w/ Original Hardshell Case
here are the spec of the guitar:
grand auditorium body shape
solid indian rosewood back and sides
solid cedar top
ebony fingerboard, bridge, and truss rod cover
1 7/8" neck width
gold tuning machines
bone nut and saddle
expression system electronics
includes DLX Taylor Hardcase
purchased for $4120.00 Brand New from Friendly River Music in Cornish, Maine.
Guitar is in Great condition. Only reason I have it marked as "Good Condition" is the fact that I had to get a crack on the top repaired. It did take a little Fall which resulted in a small hairline crack near the bottom part of the lower body. The Guitar was professionally fixed by the local Taylor Certified Repair guy. He got it to where you can barely see the original damage and it is smooth to the touch, as if it never happened. He also braced behind crack to reinforce the top of the guitar. I have pictures posted in this AD showing placement and size of the damage. Guitar is in great Playing condition and Honestly looks just as great! If I didn't mention the damage, you probably wouldn't notice it.
A rare beauty! Solid Curly/flamed Koa Back and Sides with a gorgeous figured Solid Spruce Top CUSTOM SHOP Martin GPC cutaway acoustic/electric Guitar.
This beauty is a Custom Shop Martin with High end Features
-solid Koa Back and sides
-solid spruce top
-fishman aura electronics
-gold tuning machines
-25 5/8" Scale
-1.75" nut width
comes with original hardshell case.
for anyone dreaming of having a SOLID Hawaiian Koa guitar, Here it is for a fraction of the Custom Shop Price!
2004 Sadowsky Metro MV4 Jazz Bass
here are the specs.
Sporting a classic '59 Burst gloss finish, this Sadowsky MetroLine Vintage Series MV4 features a slightly undersized J-style body crafted from beautifully-grained swamp ash. The bolt-on maple neck is dressed in a smooth satin nitro lacquer finish and paired with a 21-fret 12"-radius maple 'board to offer a classic smooth feel, exceptional comfort and superb playability. An old-school-style spoke wheel adjustment at the end of the neck allows for easy, on-the-fly tweaking while adding to the MV4's vintage appeal.
For that legendary, powerful tone and punch without the notorious single-coil hum, the MetroLine Vintage Series MV4 comes loaded up with a pair of Sadowsky hum-cancelling J pickups that have been set in a classic '60s location. Allowing you to shape your sound quickly and precisely, the Sadowsky Standard Bass Preamp consists of a Master Volume control, a Pickup Pan control, a Vintage Tone control with bypass switch, and stacked Treble and Bass boost controls.
The MetroLine Vintage Series MV4 comes equipped with high-performance hardware including a set of Custom Gotoh/Sadowsky tuning machines(LOW "E" STRING HAS BEEN SWAPPED FOR A HIPSHOT D-TUNER...ORIGINAL TUNING MACHING IS INCLUDED WITH THIS PURCHASE), a Sadowsky 4-string bridge with quick release, and a micarta nut. Comes complete with a semi-hard Sadowsky case.
Cordoba 55FCE Limited Edition (Thin Body Made In Spain Nylon Guitar)
- Cordoba 55FCE Negra Limited Edition Flamenco Acoustic-Electric
- Natural Color
- Ziricote Back and Sides
- Solid European Spruce Top
- Spanish Cedar Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- Indian Rosewood Bridge and Binding
- Wood Mosaic Inlaid Rosette
- 25.6" Scale Length
- 1.96" Nut Width (50mm)
- Bone Nut
- 12 Accessible Frets - 19 Total Frets
- 57mm String Spacing At Saddle
- Spanish Fan Bracing, Flamenco Style Build, Cutaway-Electric
- Cordoba Premium Gold Tuners
- Fishman Prefix Problend Electronics w/3-Band EQ
- Clear Flamenco-Style Tap Plate
- Cordoba Hardshell Case Included
- Instrument Weight: 3.9 lbs.
The ultimate crossover nylon-string guitar is available for a limited time as a negra model with ziricote back and sides! Handmade in Spain , the 55FCE is the chosen guitar of the Gipsy Kings for its thinbody cutaway design, and slightly narrower nut width. The rich, smooth sound of ziricote pairs nicely with the 55FCE’s solid European spruce top for a versatile tone and striking aesthetic. With its Fishman Prefix ProBlend onboard electronics with 3-band EQ and built-in microphone, the 55FCE Limited is stage-ready, and its thinbody design helps reduce feedback when the guitar is amplified at high volumes. With low action and little relief in the neck, this guitar offers substantial comfort and ease of playability.
The 55FCE Limited’s thinbody design and unique wood combination make it the perfect choice for exploring the nuances in sound that can only be captured with nylon strings – and bringing them to the stage. Like every Cordoba guitar, this model also has a two-way truss rod built into the neck. Other premium features include a Spanish cedar neck, ebony fingerboard, Indian rosewood binding and bridge, a clear flamenco-style tap plate, and Savarez Cristal Corum strings. Includes a custom HumiCase Thinbody Protégé case.
Inspired by both the T5 and the SolidBody, Taylor takes the classic semi-hollowbody sound and applies signature Taylor design touches to the T3. Electronics include Taylor's high-fidelity full-size Vintage Alnico humbuckers, blended with a unique coil-splitting application to give players killer humbucker and single coil sounds in one guitar. The T3 features a metal roller bridge paired with stop tailpiece. Includes hardshell case.
The HD (high definition) humbuckers reflect two Taylor design developments. They've altered the focus and direction of the magnetic flux with a new type of magnet and brewed up a secret recipe for the windings. This results in pickups that produce the sweet sound of vintage humbuckers with increased dynamic range and output.
The T3 incorporates enhanced electronics that include coil-splitting activated by pulling up the volume control. Taylor designer David Hosler talked about the thinking that went into the tone control circuit. "Many guitarists have learned not to expect much from a tone control. We decided to do something to make it useful. When pulled up, the T3' tone control adds a second capacitor to the circuit creating a quasi-parametric sweep throughout the range of the control. Players can use the boosted mids to add a little warmth to the single-coil or mellow out the humbuckers for an even jazzier tone without squashing it into a muddy sound."
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Top wood: Maple Figured
- Body wood: Sapele
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C shallow
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.86"
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: HD humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: HD humbucker
- Brand: Taylor
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Special electronics: Volume control with coil split
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-saddle roller
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
2012 Fender Excelsior 13w Tube Guitar Amplifier UPGRADED*
Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior Combo Guitar Amp Features:
- Distinctive, unusual styling and sound
- Two 6V6 power tubes, 13 watts; two 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 15" Special Design speaker(This one is Upgraded to the 1518 Eminence 15" Speaker)*
- Guitar, Mic, and Accordion inputs (each with individually optimized circuitry)
- Volume, Tremolo knobs; Bright/Dark switch
- 1/4" internal speaker disconnect for driving an external speaker
80's Ibanez Roadstar Double Cutaway MIJ UPGRADED*
- Made in Japan(MIJ)
- Upgraded pickups: Gibson 57 Classic'(neck) and a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom Trembucker(Bridge)
2005 Godin LG Signature Electric Guitar
- Made in Canada
- Mahogany Body and Neck
- Carved, Flamed Maple Top
- jumbo frets
- rosewood fretboard
- black hardware
- Custom Seymour Duncan Chrome Covered Pickups
2004 Ibanez JS1000 Joe Satriani Signature Electric Guitar
- Basswood body
- Black pearl finish(discontinued)
- Dimarzio pickups: PAF Pro(Neck) and Fred(Bridge)
- Edge Pro Tremolo System
- Made In Japan
- Cosmo Black Hardware
- Abalone Dot Markers
- 3 way switching with Push/Pull Volume(HP Filter on/off) and Tone(Coil Split on/off)
- original hardshell case included
Fender Tele Parts-Caster (SOLD)
- Musikcraft Lic. Fender Tele Neck. Flamed Maple Neck with Padouk [like rosewood, but more red in color] Fretboard
- Light weight Pine Body with white binding.
- Fender Hardware
- Upgraded pickups. Gibson Burstbucker(neck) and Seymour Duncan Classic Stack (Bridge).
- 5way switching: 1st:Tapped Bridge, 2nd:tapped Bridge & Neck, 3rd: Neck(full HB), 4th:Neck and Full Bridge, 5th: Full Bridge
80's Ibanez Roadstar Bass UPGRADED*
- Vintage Made in Japan
- P/J style pickup configuration. Basslines Pickups.
- BaddAss II Bridge
- Hipshot Tuners
- maple neck and fretboard
Hohner B2A-V 5 String Headless Bass (SOLD)
Patented Steinberger fixed Double-Ball™ bass bridge with direct-pull, 40:1 ratio tuners.
Twin J-style EVL pickups.
Active 2-band EQ (Controls: individual pickup volumes / concentric treble/bass cut & boost).
A mini-toggle allows the active circuit to be switched off, making it one of the few active basses on the market that can be used in passive mode. The active status is indicated by a red LED.
Comes with Gigbag.
A folding leg rest allows for comfortable playing, whilst seated. (This Feature is Broken)
Walnut stain finish.
1978 Lawsuit Era Takamine F307 Auditorium MIJ Acoustic (SOLD)
- vintage made in Japan
- all original
- laminated spruce top
- mahogany back and sides
- great condition
90's Takamine EN-10C(AN) MIJ Acoustic/Electric Guitar (SOLD)
- Guitar Type Acoustic/Electric
- Body Size Dreadnought
- Top Wood Solid Cedar
- Back Mahogany
- Sides Mahogany
- Neck Wood Mahogany
- Fingerboard Rosewood
90's Made In the USA Guild Songbird NT (SOLD)
Cosmetic Condition: Excellent condition - very clean with only a few minor nicks & dings & mild surface scratches.
Neck: Nicely rounded mahogany neck with micro side-dots. Dark rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays. Frets are in great shape with hardly any wear. Mother of pearl Guild & Chesterfield headstock logos. Gold Grover Rotomatic tuners in perfect working condition. 1 11/16" nut width; 24 3/4" scale length. Neck is straight & truss rod is in good working condition.
Body: Single-cutaway, small-body acoustic. Solid spruce top with mahogany back & sides. Rosewood bridge & tortoise pattern pickguard. 14" lower bout width & 2" depth. Guitar weighs 6 lbs .5 oz.
Pickup: Fishman Transducer preamp powered by a single 9-volt battery.
Playability / Sound: Nice, low action - neck plays well & is very comfortable. Due to the very small body, the natural acoustic tone is more compressed than in a more traditionally shaped acoustic guitar, but the sound is very warm & rich with nice resonance.
Case: Original hardshell case included along with the original hang tags & owner's manual.
1993 Martin D16H Limited Edition (SOLD)
- Solid Spruce Top
- Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- Herringbone Rosette
- tortoise shell binding
- snowflake inlays on neck and bridge
- scalloped bracing
- limited build and hard to find
- MISI pickup installed with soundhole controls(vol. and tone)
- Martin Hardshell case included
2012 Taylor Custom GA Nylon BTO(Built to Order)
- Taylor Custom Build Nylon with a cutaway and expression system.
- Solid Cedar top
- Indian Rosewood back and sides
- small cosmetic crack near lower bout. Professionally repaired and reinforced by local Taylor repair man.
- original hardshell case.
Seagull Maritime Concert Hall SWS(solid wood series) w/pickup (SOLD)
- made in Canada.
- solid spruce top
- solid mahogany back and sides
- pickup with built in tuner
- more comfortable concert hall body style.
Line 6 Pod HD500 Multi-FX Floor Board (SOLD)
TC Electronics G-System MultiFX unit (SOLD)